Before a student can apply for a refund:
- VETEA Open Colleges must have received money into its accounts as cleared funds, and
- the student’s course cancellation/withdrawal must have been processed
- students should refer to the Refund Schedule at the end of this document to check whether their refund claim is valid. If unsure, the student should seek advice from VETEA Open Colleges
- students are required to fully complete the Student Refund Request Form which is available from Administration. This form must be accompanied by any relevant supporting documentation (e.g. a medical certificate or evidence for compassionate or compelling circumstances)
- once the Student Refund Request form has been received and the approval process completed, you will receive written notification of the refund request outcome
- if a student’s refund request is valid a refund will be made within 4 weeks of the colleges receiving the request in writing
- refunds will be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) in Australian dollars only
- refunds will only be made to a nominated person who paid the student fees originally. If you are providing an account which is not in your name you will need to provide a letter of consent for the refund to be paid into that account.
- if a student not satisfied with the outcome of the refund request, the student may lodge an appeal with the Director of Studies within 20 working days of being informed of the decision. The formal complaints and appeals procedure commences when the student completes the formal complaints form and submits the completed form directly to administration in the states they are studying
Refund Process Timeframe
- Refund timeframe; we may allow 28 days for the whole withdrawal/refund process to be completed.
- Time starts from the date on which all required and necessary documents have been provided to VETEA Open Colleges administration.
- The applicant will receive notice of the refund application outcome in writing.
- If the student wishes to challenge the decision made by VETEA Open Colleges, the student may lodge and appeal using the VETEA Open Colleges Appeals Form available from email@example.com or from the VETEA Open Colleges website
- Refund and withdrawal must be approved by our CEO.
- Refunds to all our clients are made on the first Wednesday of every month.
- Appeal Process
- If the applicant chooses to go through the internal or external appeal, then this is done by a case-by-case scenario.
- If a complaint or appeal takes longer than 60 days to resolve the student will be notified in writing and updated regularly
General Refund Rules
Please refer to the Refund Schedule below.
Refund Related to Provider Default
In the unlikely situation where the RTO is required to cancel a course or cannot deliver a course due to unforeseen circumstances prior to the commencement of the course:
Prior to a student enrolling, fees may be altered without notice. Once a student has completed enrolment, fees will not be subject to change for the normal duration of the course. If a student extends the length of a course additional fees may apply.
Any course fees or tuition fees collected by an agent on behalf of VETEA Open Colleges or RTO are treated as fees collected by VETEA Open Colleges for the purposes of calculating any refund entitlements.
Bank Transfer fees are subject to bank charges. These are non-refundable.
Should students wish to appeal any decision made concerning a refund, this Policy and the availability of complaints and appeals procedures do not remove the rights of a student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.