Student Code of Conduct
All students, regardless of their mode of study, are expected to:
- Progress in accordance with their delivery Schedule
- Treat all people with fairness and respect and not do anything that could offend, embarrass or threaten others.
- Not harass, victimise, discriminate against or disrupt others.
- Treat all others and their property with respect.
- Respect the opinions and backgrounds of others.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures as directed by VETEA Open Colleges and RTO staff.
- Report any perceived safety risks as they become known.
- Not bring into any premises being used for training purposes, any articles or items that may threaten the safety of self or others.
- Notify us if any of their personal or contact details change within 14 days of the change.
- Provide relevant and accurate information to VETEA Open Colleges and RTO in a timely manner.
- Approach their course with due personal commitment and integrity.
- Complete all assessment tasks, learning activities and assignments honestly and without collusion or plagiarism.
- Hand in all assessment tasks, assignments and other evidence of their work with a completed and signed cover sheet where applicable.
- Attend schedule online individual or group session or classes as required.
- Prepare appropriately for all assessment requirements.
- Notify VETEA Open Colleges if any difficulties arise as part of their involvement in the program.
- Refrain from smoking at training venues and on the premises of VETEA Open Colleges or RTO.
- Make payments for their course in accordance with the written agreements.
- To be treated fairly and with respect by all students and staff.
- Not be harassed, victimised or discriminated against on any basis.
- Learn in a supportive environment which is free from harassment, discrimination and victimisation.
- Learn in a healthy and safe environment where the risks to personal health and safety are managed and minimised.
- Have their personal details and records kept private and secure according to our Privacy and Personal Information Policy.
- Access the information VETEA Open Colleges or RTO holds about them.
- Have their complaints and appeals dealt with fairly, promptly, confidentially and without retribution.
- Make appeals about procedural and assessment decisions.
- Receive training, assessment and support services that meet their individual needs.
- Be given clear and accurate information about their course, training and assessment arrangements and their progress.
- Access the support they need to effectively participate in their training program.
- Provide feedback to VETEA Open Colleges on the administration, training, assessment and support services they receive.
- The Acceptance Agreement and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, do not remove the right of Students to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.